Assistant Room Chef
Job OverviewSupervises line and production cooks and stewards throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance that adheres to budget and meets standards by performing the following duties:
- Ability to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training and safety practices.
- Performs a daily walk-through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and Staff Members and
- timely delivery of Staff Member evaluations.
- Accountable for the development, coaching, discipline, and mentoring of Staff Members.
- Ensures accurate completion of culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with coordinating catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Responsible for quality and consistency of products and waste prevention.
- Assists in training new Staff Members within their department.
- Notifies appropriate Department Head of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates
- properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Experience in a high volume environment required.
- Ability to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.