Job OverviewLively, organized, clean, detail-oriented, personable… Does this sound like you? If the answer is “YES”, then we already want to meet you! Keep reading to find out more about duties and responsibilities and, of course, perks for this position:
- Neat and tidy is the motto! Ensures proper sanitation standards by maintaining the cleanliness of the bar, glassware, utensils, counters, and ashtrays.
- Know your stuff! Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- It’s 5 O’clock somewhere and drinks need to flow! Maintains adequate supply of ice to all bars, changes empty beer kegs, BIB soda boxes, and sour mix.
- Keep ‘em coming! Stocks the bar initially with liquor, beer, wine, juices, mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, garnishes, etc. and provides aid to the bartenders in re-stocking and maintaining par levels of those items.
- Cleans and stocks the supply room where all bar products are stored; keeps trash cans behind bars clean; brings in empty cans after trash pickup. Put out sanitizer buckets with clean towels for cleaning purposes.
- Checks dishwashing specifications and knows how to assemble/breakdown glasswasher.
- Personal Personality! Provides friendly, courteous service to guests, bartenders, and server staff.
- Live out your mixologist dreams! May be required to mix or pour drinks as needed.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Every good relationship must have good communication! Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- A Jack Of All Traits is what we’re looking for! Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
One year experience as a barback/bar porter or working in some aspect of the food and beverage industry (high-volume environment preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.