Job OverviewResponsible for the purchasing and receiving of all products within unit. Must follow company directed specifications for all products and ensure handling techniques are employed and perform the following duties:
- Ensures all food and beverage materials and supplies are available.
- Purchases to a goal in all categories as determined by the Chef and Managers.
- Adjusts pars to accommodate fluctuations in business.
- Notifies chef/manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory and communicates opportunities/concerns/situations.
- Responsible for quality, sanitation and waste prevention through best practices. Makes suggestions to eliminate waste where and when necessary.
- Inspects all perishables for quality and freshness. Ensures all products are properly rotated and all perishables are dated.
- Displays a positive attitude and practices teamwork to help other team members execute at a high level.
- Assists management in training new employees within their department when applicable.
- Demonstrate core values of company every shift.
- Maintain high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Does not communicate in a profane or socially unacceptable manner that infringes upon the rights of fellow team members.
- Maintains clean storage areas and assists in overall cleanliness.
- Executes various stock pulls as determined by Chefs and Managers.
- Always work in the appropriate uniform as defined by management and follow personal hygiene policy.
- Performs temperature checks according to HACCP guidelines.
- Maintains a tracking of all purchases to ensure accurate cost reporting.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by chefs, management or supervisors including, but are not limited to, the following, trash removal, sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, pot washing, equipment and cooler detailing.
- Understand and utilize all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.