Steady Extra Bartender
Job OverviewResponsible for the day-to-day operation of a specific bar, providing service to both external and internal guests by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests and for staff to serve to guests.
- Verifies all guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Follows all established recipes and procedures in beverage preparation.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Operates point-of-sale system with high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Tracks items that were spilled or wasted.
- Assists with stocking the bars initially with liquor, beer, wine, juices, mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, fresh - cut fruit, garnishes, etc.
- Conducts inventory of all liquor and bar related supplies.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Maintains satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Follows proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all bar related products.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- dheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
One to three years experience as a bartender required (high-volume environment preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.